Friday, November 2, 2012

Just a plain old sad day

Maybe I'm trying to put off getting very unpleasant chores done by choosing now to write a blog post. But anyway, here what has been going through my head today.

This has happened a lot in the past nine months, but it makes me very sad to see old married couples. John and I were supposed to be one of those. I want to tell them all that no matter how annoying some traits your spouse has, hang on tight. It sounds cliche to say I lost my best friend, but John and I were friends. I really liked John. We had a lot in common and we enjoyed a lot of the same things, coupled with the respect that not everything has to be enjoyed by both of us. He didn't get my compulsion with the computer, facebook, news articles, games, etc. I don't partake in the music making, fishing, drinking, but we never asked each other to not do those things. We were individuals, but together. We were supposed to be an old couple. We used to laugh when a car would pass with the lady driving and the man in the passenger seat sound asleep drooling. John was looking forward to that. It is so sad that he doesn't get to get old, or that we don't to get old together.

I don't cook here anymore. We both used to. I don't eat in the kitchen anymore. We always sat at the island and ate together. I don't know how widows get used to being alone in a house that used to be full of life. I am having a super hard time doing it.

Looking into the future, I never saw myself as single, alone. I wasn't supposed to have to do everything myself, or by myself. And I mean EVERYTHING. Cook, eat, clean the yard, sell the car, clean the house, sell the house, make every single decision by myself with no input or second opinion, no one to talk things through with, no one to motive me to get moving. Everything is a goddamn chore and I don't want to do any of it! (Toddler sitting on the floor banging his head.)

Poor little me. Now I'm just getting mad. I guess I will go work out some frustrations on the stupid fucking flower beds that I used to enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment